Sunday, 27 February 2011

Budget HDB Tai Tai

Now that i am not working, i must actively be aware of where my $$$ goes to

My lazy method is to put a certain amount say, $50 in my wallet and its supposed to last me for a week.
When it depletes faster too fast, i will know somethings up and got to immediately cut it. I am not too disciplined to use iphone expenses applications like my other friends but then i believe my method is quite effective too. I also use master or nets only for my lessons fees and dont hold any credit cards even though i was rather tempted by CIMB students credit card. I thought its good to use it to pay my school fees through CIMB credit cards then have like link points or something, but there isnt any of such priviledges. And somemore the credit is $500 only. And as of now, CIMB only has 2 branches, not convenient.

OK, lets see how budget i can be.
- last time i usually use $5 handphone pouch as wallets. Its super convenient and cute and it comes in my favourite pink. Downside is it gets spoilt easily, as in the zips will spoil, the cloth will suddenly got a big hole and stuff. Thus, I bought a real leather Braun Buffel wallet. It may should extravagent, but its not like my friends exorbitant Coach or LV wallets which cost at least $400++. I am proud to say I bought it at a steal, at $75 only, at Bugis BHG because they have this 50% sales! Lifetime warranty somemore! Love it! Dont have to change so frequently anymore!

-I dont buy makeup for my face. I believe in au natural! Although this caused me to look not very pretty but i look real! With significant amount of money saved up from not buying makeup, it amounts to alot. However, I do buy face products. I bought this whole stock of face shop mask straight from Korea instead of singapore because its cheaper and my friend chip in too! I am also a member of The Face Shop singapore. Ardent fan. I especially love the egg white peel but its not cheap, about $21. But then compare it with Kiehl, Derma etc its not too ex lah haha. And I also have sunblock from L'Oreal from Chinatown $10 only, compared to watson's $19.90. I also have face wash, toner, eye cream and lip balm from Nivea which cost $5.40, $4.95, $12 and $4.20 respectively, all from Chinatown too. Lastly, I also have face moisturizer from L'Oreal too which is about $10.50. Although it may sound like i use alot of stuff,but actually its not expensive, considering my pimples have decreased quite drastically! It should be treated as a long term investment, because I used to work full time and study part time until i so stressed i get breakouts, should be under control now ba. And I have never went to colour my hair or perm or rebond. In addition, I have never gone for a manicure or pedicure before. Well, thats a lot of savings isnt it haha. As for my hair, I guess I am going to colour a little in future hehe.

-I also dont buy lots of clothings. Usually clothes from This Fashion etc will suffice for me. Thats why i sometimes dress and look like an auntie and older than my tender age of 20 hahaha. One day, I shall dress up and make people faint haha. I know of girls who must go out shopping every week, and will drag their poor boyfriend along as atm or bag carrier haha! Caant imagine how much they will spend on shopping in a month. When i do happen to have high class dinners to attend, all i have to put on his some gel on my hair (the gel can gope from my bro), a bit of $5 lip gloss and a simple but presentable black dress which cost $20, then i am good to go! yay!

-Branded bags may be wow, but then its not suitable for me. My colleagues who are Clients Service carries Gucci, Burberry and Fendi bags. It must have cost them a bomb like maybe a whole month's salary goes to one bag alone. Gosh! But for me, i have this little dark blue cloth bag which cost a mere $10 which looks cheap but actually very hardy and goes with alot of my outfit and also a brown messenger sling back which cost $10 only too! The bag which i guess to school is a Sembonia which cost $125 hehe. But looks really nice and real leather too! Come on why dont you pay $125 for a real leather instead of $2000 for a demin Fendi bag which is not even leather? Maybe some people just like the brand name ba haha. Different people different preference. Oh and the Sembonia bag was a present from my mother, didnt buy it myself hehe.

-Food is a must for me! I eat like a man. Seriously, no joke. I can eat chicken rice with extra rice somemore hehe. Can challenge those construction workers appetite liao haha! But i hardly go to restaurants makan except for outings with friends. I am very happy with coffee shops and food courts and I dont mind the smell which may get stuck on your shirts. Namely because I used to help out my parents in coffee shop and also the market so its like very natural and a norm for me. Food at coffee shop would cost at most $3.50 whereas those at the cafes or restaurants would be $20 at least.

-I also dont buy jewellery, I used to buy Perlini Silver's Italy earring because it doesnt make my ears swollen and they are rather reasonable at less than $10 per pair but usually after wearing for one or two months it will become brown O.O but my father bought me this Citigems while silver earrings which I can wear like forever, and they also provide free cleaning, and they have a branch in Clementi too!

-I am not a shoe freak either. My sports shoes are Nikey but was bought at a sales for about $60 which I wore since JC1 till now. And my daily leg wear is a $3 slipper hehe! Cheap and comfortable. For work or to areas which cannot wear slippers, I have this ballet flats bought at $19.90 and also this wedges for $18. Usually women are supposed to have shoes fetish, heng I dont have. Maybe because I dont wear heels, if I do, I probably be dead by now because I would have fallen to my death. My sense of balance on trains are terrible on flats and can you imagine on heels? haha

-Other expenses would be monthly eyebrow threading for only $% or snacks like soya bean milk, or the occassion toto and big sweeps etc. Not too much I guess. These little stuff increases quality of life haha.

But a huge chuck of my money goes to education, especially course fees and I have estimated that 3 years course for SIM and ACCA would be around $50000. My father and I will be splitting the bill. Thus, I cant be a spendthrift lor haha.

Btw, STI index went to about 2600 wow, that like an all time low for a few months leh, of course i didnt go in, it will almost certainly to go up and I hope it will probably dip again and then perhaps I may reconsider haha. Ok, back to mugging!

No comments: