Friday, 11 March 2011

The day after yesterday

Woke up at 6am sianx... was supposed to go with neighbour to distribute tuition leftlets outside NJC gate but then it was raining so heavily. So in the end didnt go hehe.

Ok, US market is terrible. Check out the below
Dow11984.60-228.48 (-1.87%)
S&P 500 1295.11-24.91 (-1.89%)
Nasdaq2701.02-50.70 (-1.84%)


I am glad at least I did trade, so I will actively go and search out news. For example, I know the reason why US down so much.

'Stocks plunge on economic news, oil price swingsStocks swoon on poor economic news, swings in oil prices; Dow has worst day since August'


Back to my ill-fated SMRT, with market outlook so undesirable, no amount of TA helps le. Thats why I have always believed FA more important than TA. Anyway, there will always be people who do TA for you online but FA is subjective.

An update on my SMRT, I have placed a sell yesterday at 10pm for my 5lots. Hopefully can get it. I tried shorting it 1.91 for 10 lots. But the system said I exceeded client limit again. Seriously, the system is damn %$#@ will call them and check about it at 9am. In a worse case scenerio, I will probably sell it at 1.91 to cut loss because I highly doubt SMRT will be worth that much after its out of STI. Better not lock in my money in SMRT now, make it earn back what I have lost now. My appetite for loss is probably about 5% not 10% as most people been adhering to. Fingers crossed sia.

Well, there goes my my first ever trade =( an epic failure.

My guess that Dow will go below 12000 was right! ok, USA market is a great influence. I must also keep an eye on it. I believe STI will be about 2800 by this evening, from 3075.44 yesterday.

No comments: