Monday, 28 February 2011

So pissed- Tax class

Let me tell you how pissed I am today, damn it man. Woke up at 7.15am to prepare to go for tax lesson which is supposed to start at 9am but when i reached there, there is this board which will tell you which classroom to go and I cant find my tax classroom. I knew something is wrong liao man.

Then I went to the general office and asked one of the kind women there whether they can help me find where it is held because my timetable clearly stated that there is tax lesson today at 9am. I am not sure of the venue, because got my acca results last week and I failed tax so I signed up for pro-rated tax lessons like all the other people who failed too.

This kind and helpful malay lady who can also speak chinese can to my rescue and she searched computer and found this email dated 25Jan to students to inform them that the 28feb lesson will be pushed forward to 21feb instead. Isnt this like $#@& !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Students who sign up for the pro-rated lessons would have been informed of this bloodly idiotic arrangement isnt it? Because exam results came out on 21feb and no way would they be able to make it for the lesson.

Seriously this is wtf man, its about $40 down the drain, and time and transport fees all the way there and back home. Dont they have this service which automatically remind students of cancellations? And if the teacher cannot make it on 28feb, dont put it on the timetable and mislead students, if there are changes, they should make changes to the timetable asap. I really should give the lecturer a piece of my mind man!

Good thing is, I kept my cool in the general office, because the counter lady was so nice to extend her assistance which is out of her way and by no means her fault either. I politely thanked her for her help and went back home. Sometimes, I guess life is like that, sometimes it gets so $%#& but always keep your cool. This is just an unfortunate incident which the lecturer may not have predicted. Forgive and forget about it is the best ba. Btw, i also have a reputation to keep because I was in the previous batch of acca committe so I gotta just keep my cool haha. Usually i will just keep my cool even if I am not in the committee but i will niam niam niam the way home haha! Lifes like that!

Morale of story is, if I had not failed tax, I wouldnt have to retake and this shit wouldnt have happened. I take this as a punishment =( cannot blame school or other people, look internal before external. Just like companies, they have got to look at internal problems first because, this is easier to solve than external problems beyond one's control. This is what I have learnt in accounting and can also apply in real life.

No comments: